- Vintage brooches - I think they fancy up any outfit with so much character!
- Collector Barbies- This is a years-old collection. I have them on display on my shelf in my room. The vintage inspired or vintage barbies are my all-time favorite!
- Yarn. I hoard yarn. I love to crochet and the blanket I am making is completely full of colors with a randomly colored pattern
- Antique glass bottles- I must own over a hundred!
- Nail polish- A girl can never own too much!
- Vintage dresses- Duh!
- Vintage fabric- I love it! When my sewing skills are impressive enough, I will make thousands of 1950s inspired dresses!
- Vintage pearl necklaces- I can never get enough of them! Layering them is my favorite!
- Vintage stationery- Hand written notes are a lost art and it makes me so sad! That is something that I wish was still around.
- Buttons- I love the look of a jar full of buttons. And when I am able to sew amazing things, this collection will come in handy!
Tuesday, July 24, 2012
I absolutely adore collecting things! It makes for such a fun hobby.
Sunday, July 22, 2012
Thursday, July 19, 2012
I went to a zoo! I have not been in years and was in complete bliss! The elephants were my favorite for sure!
Hello friends! I wanted to share with you how I did this craft so you can too! It is super easy and ends up looking great! Just as a heads-up, I really don't have great sewing techniques and I just took one step at a time and made it work. If my instructions don't make perfect sense, or your tote is somehow different, I say just wing it! I have learned a lot this way! (:
- paint (optional)
- seam ripper/scissors
- safety pin
- tape & cup (optional)
1. Get your tote and if you want, decorate it first! I will show you how I decorated mine:
3. Attach a safety pin to the end of your drawstring. Thread it through. When you hit the sides that have been sewn together, just cut a hole on each side of the seam and go around it.
Thursday, July 12, 2012
Button up- D.I.
Boots- Antique store
Vintage necklace- Estate sale
Wednesday, July 11, 2012
As much as I tried, I could not get Harley to stay in the pictures. She only made it in for the first two.
I love my hair! I styled it like Marilyn Monroe's. I made sure when I cut it that I could get it that way. I feel inspired all over again. Especially with my wiggle dress. It proved its name when I drove today and getting in and out of the car was quite a task. It requires much wiggle.
Vintage Dress- Boutique;
Vintage Pearls- Garage Sale;
Vintage Shoes- Estate Sale;
Vintage Purse- Estate Sale;