Thursday, November 22, 2012
Hello friends! I have decided it is time to move on and start a new blog! I have loved this blog so much and I know I could just pay $5 to expand my photo storage but I think a new blog with a new look can be a great way to start off fresh! I hope you will all follow me over to Thrifted Thoughts! To check it out, CLICK HERE
Posted by Oakley Seal at 8:31 AM
Sunday, November 18, 2012
- I saw Breaking Dawn Part Two with Lauren! I had so much fun! And you know what? I totally teared up at the end.
- I finished my sewing project in school and I am going to share it with you soon!
- I went estate sale shopping! I haven't been in forever!
- I bought some art supplies with Lauren earlier this week- Yay art!
- I thrifted myself four (4!) pairs of pants! That's right, world. Oakley Seal is not wearing a skirt or a dress today.
Friday, November 16, 2012
Thursday, November 15, 2012
Shout out to my Dad!!! Happy Birthday!
Vintage blazer- Savers
Vintage shoes- Estate sale
Good afternoon everyone! I just wanted to talk about how wonderful yesterday was for a second: Yesterday was my dad's birthday, I finished my sewing project which means that dress I showed you I was going to make? I get to post it as soon as it is graded! I also got to work in AP art and I got a lot done, I got to go shopping for art supplies with my bestest friend, Lauren and we had some good conversations!
Belt- My mom's
Wednesday, November 14, 2012
Today is my Dad's birthday! Happy birthday Dad! I love you!!!! Thanks for taking me out to dinner to celebrate with you!
Vintage dress- Savers
Vintage necklace- Estate sales
Tuesday, November 13, 2012
The train was my first ever real water color project. It was super fun but really challenging! I would love to work with it more. I just need some brushes!
I really feel inspired by embroidery today so I want to tell you why I want to learn so badly:
- I want to learn how to embroider because it is another lost art!
- Embroidery is so beautiful
- I want to frame my work and hang it in my room
- It would help with my hand stitching in sewing
- I could embroider a pair of jeans
- How many people can wear jeans and say they embroidered them?
- I want a cool hippie dress to embroider
- I would use embroidery in my paintings and drawings- cool, right?
- I want to design my own clothes and embroidering them would really be so cool!
- It would make me feel more old fashioned, which is my style exactly.