Thursday, November 22, 2012
Hello friends! I have decided it is time to move on and start a new blog! I have loved this blog so much and I know I could just pay $5 to expand my photo storage but I think a new blog with a new look can be a great way to start off fresh! I hope you will all follow me over to Thrifted Thoughts! To check it out, CLICK HERE
Posted by Oakley Seal at 8:31 AM
Sunday, November 18, 2012
- I saw Breaking Dawn Part Two with Lauren! I had so much fun! And you know what? I totally teared up at the end.
- I finished my sewing project in school and I am going to share it with you soon!
- I went estate sale shopping! I haven't been in forever!
- I bought some art supplies with Lauren earlier this week- Yay art!
- I thrifted myself four (4!) pairs of pants! That's right, world. Oakley Seal is not wearing a skirt or a dress today.
Friday, November 16, 2012
Thursday, November 15, 2012
Shout out to my Dad!!! Happy Birthday!
Vintage blazer- Savers
Vintage shoes- Estate sale
Good afternoon everyone! I just wanted to talk about how wonderful yesterday was for a second: Yesterday was my dad's birthday, I finished my sewing project which means that dress I showed you I was going to make? I get to post it as soon as it is graded! I also got to work in AP art and I got a lot done, I got to go shopping for art supplies with my bestest friend, Lauren and we had some good conversations!
Belt- My mom's
Wednesday, November 14, 2012
Today is my Dad's birthday! Happy birthday Dad! I love you!!!! Thanks for taking me out to dinner to celebrate with you!
Vintage dress- Savers
Vintage necklace- Estate sales
Tuesday, November 13, 2012
The train was my first ever real water color project. It was super fun but really challenging! I would love to work with it more. I just need some brushes!
I really feel inspired by embroidery today so I want to tell you why I want to learn so badly:
- I want to learn how to embroider because it is another lost art!
- Embroidery is so beautiful
- I want to frame my work and hang it in my room
- It would help with my hand stitching in sewing
- I could embroider a pair of jeans
- How many people can wear jeans and say they embroidered them?
- I want a cool hippie dress to embroider
- I would use embroidery in my paintings and drawings- cool, right?
- I want to design my own clothes and embroidering them would really be so cool!
- It would make me feel more old fashioned, which is my style exactly.
Monday, November 12, 2012
Wednesday, November 7, 2012
With college coming up soon and all the emails from colleges I have been getting, I thought it would be a good idea to share some of the careers I would choose:
- I would love to own a vintage clothing store
- I think it would be so cool to be an artist
- I would like to be a fashion designer-watch out, Project Runway!
- I would like to maybe teach art in high school or elementary school.
- Earning money through sponsors on my blog would be a dream come true!
- I would love to sell things I make on Etsy, along with vintage clothes
- I would teach sewing in a high school.
I can't really think of any more right now, but maybe I will come back and add more later!
Tuesday, November 6, 2012
Daylight savings time. Everyone in my house was walking around the house at 8:30 p.m. exhausted looking for something to do. I crocheted part of a cowl and cleaned out my room.
I got this skirt over the weekend in St. George! My grandpa was nice enough to lend me the money for it since I forgot to cash in my paycheck before we left. Thank you Grandpa! I will pay you back the next time I see you!
Vintage skirt- Vintage boutique
Monday, November 5, 2012
My grandma and sister had a birthday this past week so my family went to St. George to celebrate!
I came home with some pretty amazing clothes!!! Thanks Renae, Grandma, and Grandpa!
My aunt Renae thought I looked somewhat British in my sweater and shoes so I had to get a picture with the telephone booth! Oh, if only it were blue. That would have made my dreams come true!
We saw the Beegees! Oh my word I want to buy all of their songs! It was so fun!
Sunday, November 4, 2012
I have had a really fun month! I got my ear pierced, I crocheted a ton, and wore some pretty cute outfits!
I crocheted a backpack! I love using it!