Tuesday, April 10, 2012

List of Ten: Books

Books are so hard for me.  I know what I enjoy and do not like, and there really aren't any in the middle.  I am a picky reader.  Young adult books are very difficult too because they are so different, and I will not lie: I have started reading many books that I have never finished because of how wildly inappropriate and...well inappropriate they were!

So here is my list of ten books you should check out (in no particular order)!

  1. Anna and the French Kiss- This book is about an American girl who is sent to a boarding school in France.  This is for girls who like realistic, romance, or just funny.  I love Ettiene!
  2. Lola and the Boy Next Door- This is a sort of sequel to Anna and the French Kiss.  It follows a different set of main characters, but Anna plays a small part in this one as well.
  3. The City of Bones- This must be my favorite series of all time!  The story takes place in modern day New York.  It follows Clary, who goes on an adventure full of magic and demons.  And there is an extremely hot guy in it.  This is actually being made into a movie right now!  Since I mentioned that, I must complain who has been cast as said hot guy. Because there are so many books in the series, I will only mention them once on my book list.  Note: the series is actually called The Immortal Instruments
  4. Evermore-  I loved this book when I first read it, and I still do.  It is about a girl named Evermore who meets a hot guy.  There is lots of cool magic and psychic things.  The author does this very well and you can tell she did lots of research. This series is called The Immortals
  5. The Uglies- This is a futuristic series.  Girls are considered "Uglies" until the day they turn sixteen, where they undergo plastic surgery to become "Pretties".  This book follows the problems with society, and adventure.  There are four books in this series.
  6. The Host- The Host was actually written by Stephanie Meyer, the author of the Twilight saga.  But if you weren't a vampire lover, it is okay, because those books are not going to make this list because I didn't care for them either.  This is another futuristic society book about aliens that take over human's bodies and create a "perfect Earth".  The only problem is one body's mind is still conscious and will not let the alien take over.  This is being made into a movie.
  7. The Hunger Games- I know it is a little late to be recommending this because everyone has gone absolutely nuts over the series and movie, but if you have not read it yet...start!
  8. Harry Potter- Okay...VERY late on this series, but I just read them this year for the first time!  I loved them!  I had seen every movie, so I figured I should see what started them!  Plus, These books are where my nickname, Luna, originated.  I am told weekly by a different person that I freakishly resemble and act like Luna Lovegood (Who comes in the fifth book).
  9. Matched- Yet another futuristic society book.  This one is about a future where teenagers are given matches, whom they will marry.  The matches are based off of genetics and probability for the most perfect race and who you will most likely love.  Everything in this world is monitored by the government-even your dreams.  
  10. Beverly Cleary's First Love Collection- This is actually three books, but I could not resist gushing about all of them!  These were written in the 1950s about three different teenage girls who find love and go through life.  I love these because the world back then was so much more respectable and classy!
If you could not yet tell, I am a huge reader!  I love books!  Regrettably, I have been in such a rut!  I cannot find any good books at all!  It has been a few months, and I am going bonkers.  I hope this list helps anyone with the same problem as me!  If anyone has good books, please comment below!  I would love to hear what you have to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment